Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Perusing - Part 3 - The Condor Has Landed


Part tres to my perusing in Peru (Colca Canyon)

The funny thing about this trip was I thought I was going to hike it.  One of the hardest Canyon to hike in the world.  Much to my surprise, came the day, a bus picked me up with a bunch of elderly folks.  We then rode the bus around the Canyon.  It took a while for me to realize I was not dressed for the occasion - the only tourist with hiking shoes.  Something was indeed, lost in translation.  The upside of touring with this group was, I ate a whole lot of Peruvian foods (buffet), danced folkloric, and listened to some amazing Peruvian music.

I started off with some altitude sickness, thereby my guide told me to chew on some coca leaves



And the result of coca chewing...



They're just soooo Fluffyyyyy!!!

Pictures aren't doing it much justice.  These are natural steps created by mother nature.


This was at an Italian Restaurant.  I kid you not.  


The only thing cuter than fluffies sheep are these fluffy kids


There is a condor somewhere... Try capture a moving object in a $99 cheapo deapo camera.  Kind of defeats the purpose of coming all the way up just to look at these mystical condors.


Again, Condor somewhere...


Returning from Colca Canyon to Arequipa

Enlightening moment while eating dinner in Arequipa.  (Poor thing about traveling alone are these self-shots)
But the upside is coming (below)


Enlightening moment commemorated on Facebook.


The last screen capture concludes my feelings for this entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment