Thursday, February 21, 2013

Perusing - Part 4 - Ica to Lima

Part cuatro of my perusing in Peru

First things first, have you seen on MTV shows or Travel Channel, where people sandboard?  Well I have, and ever since I saw Cameron Diaz sliding down on a dune of sand on her show, Trippin', I've was hooked.  And when I heard that there is sandboarding in Ica, I just had to do it.

Sandboarding was my only intention in Ica, until I arrived at a local touring company.  They incidentally thought the best thing before strapping me onto a board was to get me pisco drunk.  What is Pisco? A deadly national alcohol of choice produced in Peru.  One may compare this to Vodka from Russia or Cachaca from Brazil.  At any rate, normally I would never go drinking before driving, but somehow this sounded like a good idea, as I would only be crashing into sand.  

Pisco drunk

More pisco

The tour guide.  Needless to say, I was very happy with his service.

Lunch with a couple fellow travelers I met


The weird shit I see in my days did not prepared me for this.  Austin's weirdness, you've got nothing on this winery.  A side of dead carcass with my Pisco please! 

Feast your eyes on this beauty!


One of the coolest thing I've experienced to date.  Sanding down and fall onto your butt.  It's a beautiful thing to know when you fall the earth catches you.  If you do fall, it feels like cloud and puffy pillows.


I'll let you speculate on this one...


I know now, why Jesus refused to go back after one day of being in the desert.  I kid. I kid.


Lima

Fun in Ica had to end and my journey continued to Lima, the capital of Peru.  I'm a bit more experienced with Peru at this point, so I know where to go.  The first night I landed in Lima (only city for international flight in or out of Peru), I was terrified when all I saw from my cab were darkly run down buildings.  This time around, back in Lima, I asked the cab to take me to the nicer area, called Miraflores.  And there the partying begins!  Why you asked? I stayed at a hostel known for their crazy partying scene called the Loki Hostel.  It does live up to its reputations.  In Lima, I also met up with a friend, Catalina, whom I had met earlier in my trip in Lake Titicaca, Puno.  We then met up with her friends, who are local Lima-nians.  



I don't know why I looked so scared here... Must be because James Brown was licking my armpit.

Catalina! <3







Of course, the night I flew back home, I had an unlimited amount of Peruvian Ceviche at one of the most famous Ceviche joint, Pescados Capitales


Peru has been most memorable and exciting place I have traveled to so far.  My spirit blossomed and my very self opened like a  newly birth butterfly.  Poetic reference aside, it was an amazing trip.  How Peru came up in my mind as a must go to place, I have no idea.  All I did was listened to my calling, and it said in a faintly, yet determined, voice... "PURU....!"

No comments:

Post a Comment