Tuesday, October 21, 2014

One Thing At A Time

When was the last time you did something that gave you a real sense of achievement?  
My little babies

My last several months of trying to settle back into normal life has been easy.  I enjoy my friends, my work, my life.  But what I noticed is that my life it's getting into its cyclical phase.  I wake, I eat, I go to work, I read, I sleep.  I repeat.  Maybe, I just am not cut out for a stationary life, maybe I enjoy the rush of being a gypsy.  Then I have to remember that I came back for a reason.  And that reason is bigger than myself.  That weight though has been crushing my shoulder.  What am I talking about? MUCHO.

Those who knows me, know MUCHO.  But if you don't, MUCHO is a project, where I partnered up with a couple organizations, one in Vietnam and one in Kenya.  It's such a loving project, where I can help and give perspective and hope to another child.  Long story short, the organizations and the huge weigh of finishing and implementing, is killing me.  Seeing the huge scope of what it means to start my project from start to finish is heavy.  Yes, I had an existential crisis for about a couple months now because of this project of mine.  I came to a conclusion, that MUCHO is too big, and for the day or more I have been trying to find a resolution.  And the resolution is this.  One thing at a time. 

As all my projects, my heart, my art, my travel.  One thing at a time.  

One. Get this "one" project launch
Thing. Get the "thing" to market
At. At the benefits of my kids in SE Asia and in Africa
A. All day, everyday
Time. All the time. Every time.

There isn't anything else I want right now more than MUCHO.  MUCHO will just have to break up in small little triumphant pieces.  And looking back, my life has become a blurred mosaic of small triumphs.  Those small triumphs has made me who I am today, which isn't so bad.  I do like that I finished almost everything I set my mind to.  So sticking with my small triumphs, I'll just do what I have always done:


My Bathroom Mirror is
To-do list loaded
1) Figure out what  I want to accomplished.  In the past, it has been, "I am to travel the world." "I am to run the half marathon." Now, "I am to launch the project of my dream -- MUCHO."   
2) My small triumphs.  l went to Vietnam, I went to Kenya.  I spoke with so many organizations.  I have all that I need to launch.  All these are my little bench marks.  All my little triumphs. I shouldn't be worried or scared.
3) Once I have all my triumphs, stretch a bit more.  This is basically, what I have been doing without even knowing.  I set small challenges, like travel by myself.  Climb Kilimanjaro.  Scuba dive.  Every challenges, I stretch just a bit more until it became my character.  Who I am.  I now set to launch MUCHO.
4) If I fail, I fail, I'll just try it differently next time.  "I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work.  WHen I have eliminated that ways that will not work, I will find the way will work." -- Thomas Edison
One thing at a time. And this time, I want to build and launch MUCHO.  Circle back to the original question, "when was the last time you did something that gave you a real sense of achievement?" It was today, when I put up all my to do list in front my bathroom mirror, outlining what I need to do.  That is a real sense of achievement.  I will climb every mountain.  Even if it is a hill.

WHEEEE!!!! Let's do this shit








No comments:

Post a Comment