Thursday, February 7, 2013

If I was an Astronaut...

You know, if I was an astronaut I would be bouncing from wall to wall in ever which way possible (because in space, you can).  I would  be dancing and moon-walking because I'm the coolest mother fucker ever.  If I was an astronaut...

Oh wait... I'm just happen to be my own astronaut! Exhibit picture below:

Duddly fuddly chuddly

Have you ever wonder what it would be like if we breach a new frontier? Your very own frontier?  I wonder if we would be a bit more brave.  Because every new place and every new experience would be a push...a mark.  A push to experience an emotion that have yet to experience the day before.  A mark, however uncomfortable or scary it maybe, of growth.  And in my book, that push is a beautiful thing...vulnerability of that mark is a beautiful thing.  Experience tis' my heaven...

When we experience, we would have emotions and reactions.  We will bear the fruit of life (f-ing delicious, it is...that emotion).  When we don't choose experience, we sit back and the world pushes their experiences unto us.  And we act as a viewer,  we can only sit and watch.

It is strange.  The more experiences we have, the better we become mentally and, eh, somewhat physically as well (...god knows I would appreciate getting washboard abs by experiencing that dozen donuts down my guts).   Kind of like a North Atlantic salmon swimming upstream.  With every push, or failed push, against the current, the salmon is more determine to make to its final destination.   

It's worth it...
With every "failed" experience, we sometime become more fearful of the next similar experience, if a re-attempt is even made.  But if the end destination is well worth the effort, we will push upstream, even if that meant to our death. *1  

As Missy Elliot says it best, "Is it worth it? Let me work it."

Some experiences are so precious, it can only be visited by memories.  That first kiss.  That first time landing a job.  That first time our toes get sunken into the ocean's sand.  

I wonder how many time may we experience such preciousness of those first over again.  When I reflect upon my own experiences, I rather not experience them again.  I think I'd  rather be remembering those experiences and make new firsts.  

Mantra to be repeated throughout the course of the day.  YOLO.  You only live one, mutherlover, so go out and Carpe Diem that experience.

------------------------------------------------

*1 - In reference to North Atlantic salmon swimming upstream to mate, only to die afterwards.  Apparently, worth the effort.  


Ica, Peru




No comments:

Post a Comment