Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My Momma is Coming


Of all the people I love, like, care for, and all synonyms for adoration, most in this world, my mom comes out on top.  Tomorrow my mom is coming from California to Austin to visit me.  For some odd reason, I've been so nervous.  Not because she's scary, but because it is the first time she'll be visiting her adult-daughter.  Adult-adult, not the 18-years-old college-kid-adult.

Let me describe my mother to you.  She's a wonderful, beautiful, lady - inside and out.  Even now that she is in her 60s, she is still very feminine, shy but yet controlled.  Yes, menopause did not spare her, but for someone in her 60s, I think she is still very beautiful.




All the wonder that she is to me, she is also very conservative.  The lady does not like color, and like much less in my taste - I adore color.  I still remember as a teenager, "wear this... black makes you look thinner," she would say.  This is why I'm scared.  We are polar opposites in taste.  She likes stability, I like exciting-flow.  She does not see the point in travel at a young age, and all I have been doing is travel.  Oh, for the love of all that is pleasant, she does not even know I drink.

Ahhh, sigh*, I have been back and forth cleaning my apartment and typing a couple of lines on this blog, hoping to calm my nerve.  I did not realize the degree of anxiety  this woman, whom I love so much, would be able to induce on my central nervous system.  A woman, whom I spent the majority of my life with.  The woman whom brought me to life.  Mom, why?

I love you... But you scare me.

My mom and I.  Yes, she is very light.  No, I am not adopted.

No comments:

Post a Comment