Monday, February 25, 2013

Trippin' Kilimanjaro

Kili-Man-Ja-Ro.  Just pronouncing it produced this strong yet mystical tone.  Like a shaman standing on top of a bonfire warning us with a voice that vibrates down our spine to respect and fear for what is the 'highest' free-standing mountain in the world.



Or at least that is what it feels like when I sound off Kilimanjaro.

My trip to Kili is counting down to just a mere 4 days.  Ahhh, I am f-ing scared and is shaking in fear of what is to come.  Okay, that may have been overly dramatized, but gawd damn, it's scary to think that Kilimanjaro is coming true.

Euro-trip.  Or Euro-eat.
Climbing Mt Kili was just a dream.  "Maybe one day I'll do it.  Maybe when I'm a bit more fit.  Maybe when I have more money."  All these maybes, but all it took are tiny little steps.  Like when I started traveling, it was around the United States or to Europe.  All of which were considerably safe trips.  But bit by bit, I got a bit more braver.  By traveling in relative safety, I gained more confidence in handling myself in foreign countries, thus I took a trip by myself to Peru in 2012.

Maybe, all these 'maybes', are a good thing.  Because what the 'maybes' did was it painted a canvas of possibilities.  Maybes, allowed me to take baby steps:

Baby Step 1. Travel in home country, United States - I drove back and forth from east and west coast countless of times.
Baby Step 2. I traveled to relatively safe countries in Europe - I grew more courage.
Baby Step 3. I traveled by myself to Peru - I grew even more courage.
Baby Step 4. Graduation into Adult steps.

It's confident building 101, or building guts little by little.   Because I have bundled up this ball of confidence, I got more serious about planning for my dream conquest.  Kilimanjaro.

Who knows what 'Maybes' may hold after this trip.  Who knows if Everest will call to me.

While meandering between thoughts, I shall continue packing for Kili.




Continue to MuchoGiggles!
Anna


No comments:

Post a Comment